Anti-Collision, Zone and Boundary Protection System
Eliminate site hazards through engineering.
Protection systems will safeguard your site by providing your crane operator with an early warning system that allows them to anticipate and prevent accidents before they happen.
Everybody who’s worked on a construction site with a crane knows that the space to safely operate cranes is getting tighter and tighter. And as spaces narrow, work-place hazards, such as public transit assets, air rights, or an overlapping radius with adjoining cranes and/or high-voltage energized conductors become a much larger problem.
Our anti-collision, boundary and zone protection system is an engineered device providing crane operators with early warning detection designed to anticipate collisions through audible and visual cues. Our system is more effective than traditional Safe Work Procedures and radio operated communication protocols because they provide real-time information about what’s going on within the crane’s radius. The system is fully automated, enabling itself as soon as the crane operator initiates motion.
Our anti-collision, boundary and zone protection systems are used by crane operators all over the world and have been endorsed by many major companies over the years. Many regulatory bodies have studied the positive impact our systems have produced, and many have now made them a requirement under their respective jurisdictions.
Every system installed over the last ten years, when used correctly, has resulted in zero reported collisions.
As a developer you can save tens of thousands of dollars in site prep alone without taking into consideration the savings related to downtime following inadvertent contacts.
By choosing to install our systems, you will, in most cases, no longer need to cover powerlines within the radius of a crane as long as the limits of approach can be maintained. This system can also on occasion, prevent the requirement for mandatory Public Transit Monitors when limits of approach to lower voltage DC Lines can be maintained.
What are the advantages of such a system?
• Eliminate inadvertent powerline contacts
• Eliminate crane-to-crane contacts
• Ensure compliance from the employer’s and operator’s perspective
• Reduces crane operator stress and anxiety by providing them with a real-time warning system that’s initiated whenever their crane is moving
What are the advantages of the TAC-3000 system over the competition?
• The TAC-3000 system is the only system that references angle positioning through the Earth’s magnetic Flux thus eliminating any mechanical interfacing with the crane. With other systems, many after sales adjustment calls are required due to the requirement to re-align the slewing position of the crane amounting in additional hidden costs. We understand reliability and crane time are important. Our system provides you with both.
• Easy installation and no maintenance as there is no mechanical interface to the crane, allows the TAC-3000 to be installed with minimal impact to production. Should cranes not be currently equipped with a potentiometer allowing for accurate trolley positioning, potentiometers can be installed by OptiCrane Inc. on all makes and models of cranes.
• Simultaneous wireless uploading feature significantly reduces downtime in instances of climbing the crane’s working height or when adding more cranes to the same site.
• The TAC-3000 allows all cranes in the same anti-collision control zone to work autonomously.
• Site managers have the absolute control of the anti-collision system thus preventing unauthorized bypassing or tampering.
• The TAC-3000 allows wireless off-site monitoring with the optional TAC-View TAC-3000 monitoring software (Requires additional option).
• The TAC-3000 performs a self-diagnostic test every 2 seconds. Any error detected will be shown on the monitor in front of the crane operator. Wireless communication between all cranes on the job site is under a secured 128 Bit encryption.
• User-friendly, intuitive, and easy to understand display is unique to the TAC-3000.
• Minimum operator training required (easy to learn).
• Unique multi-step slowdown developed to prevent swing shock.
• The TAC-3000 is the most accurate system available.
Our systems can be installed on all makes, models and years of cranes in operation today.
We are confident in our product, are the North American distributor for this product and have now installed all over Canada and the US for over 10 years.
Are you a site manager?
The Tac-3000 is also able to generate reports that allow you to know how efficiently your site’s cranes are operating, such as specific data about how many detections happened within a period. We also can provide SMS notifications of By-Pass status as well as black box recording to assist with any investigations which may happen on a tower crane. Our efforts are continuing with Insurance companies to acknowledge the benefits for sites that use these systems and possibly get a preferred insurance rate with our systems.
The addition of the TAC-3000 along with all its benefits also allows crane owners to bring their cranes up to date in available technology such as radius indicators, LMI, limit and protection devices on all crane makes and models.
Since its introduction, the TAC-3000 has been creating safety awareness in the industry and has been well received by tower crane manufacturers, rental companies, and construction companies around the world. The TAC-3000 system is a trusted technology that has been used to protect some of the most sensitive job sites.
The TAC-3000 exceeds all national and international requirements for safety devices and outperforms all competitor systems.
The TAC-3000 is a fully computerized anti-collision safety system for tower cranes that detects and anticipates the risk of hook block/hoist cable to jib or counter jib collision when multiple tower cranes are in use. When the risk of a tower crane collision is detected, the TAC-3000 safety system will calculate the relative distance in real-time between potential collision paths and send a signal to the other cranes, as well as alerting the operator with the collision information on the LCD monitor and audibly. This includes the collision direction and the identity of the colliding tower crane. At the same time, should the operator not react, the TAC-3000 is designed to automatically decelerate and stop the tower crane’s movement to prevent the collision. Slow, cut, and brake parameters are customizable distances that can be tailored to any crane’s specifications.
The TAC-3000 allows the operation of the tower crane to remain in the operator’s control until safe distances are breached. The tower crane operator maintains the ability to swing the tower crane in the opposite direction of the collision path at all times.
The TAC-3000 is also ideal for companies that have older tower cranes that are in perfect operating condition and need to be updated with the latest easy to use technology in order to compete with newer cranes in their respective market.
The TAC-3000 is a fully computerized LMI system for tower cranes. It features swing angle indication, trolley position, hook height, load weight, event recording, and crane status including neighboring crane status when multiple cranes are in use.
The TAC-3000 is the worlds most advanced LMI system for tower cranes available and is the easiest LMI system to install and the most accurate in determining the weight on the hook.
The TAC-3000 utilizes CAN bus for inter-module communication and the latest positioning technology via a magnetic sensor that measures the earth’s magnetic flux in real- time. The TAC-3000 utilizes a 32-bit CPU, FCC approved wireless components and reliable PC based technology. The TAC-3000 also communicates wirelessly between cranes and any preset information can be uploaded wirelessly through a PC. The TAC-3000 uses 128-bit data encryption integrated into the software with a USB dongle and a 32-bit CPU to build the highest security measure available.
With state-of-the-art technology, the TAC-3000 allows site safety personnel to monitor the cranes in operation from the ground with the optional TAC-View. The settings of the crane’s protection parameters and protection areas can also be adjusted wirelessly from ground level. For example, when climbing up the crane’s height or to add an additional protection zone, authorized personnel will only be required to upload the new height to the crane from a laptop PC without having to climb the tower crane for “re-teaching.” This effectively reduces the downtime of the crane’s operation, an important factor for site management. Besides the advanced wireless features, the TAC-3000 has also successfully eliminated the need to perform on-site “teaching” of the collision paths. Authorized personnel just need to input the necessary information into their PC and wirelessly upload the settings to the cranes from ground level.
In today’s world, data is key to success. The quality of data collected can allow to significantly increase operational effectiveness as well as safety. Should an inadvertent accident occur, Management also has data to reconstruct the moments prior to the event and ensure proper safeguards are implemented to avoid reoccurrence.
Why is Data Management, Non-volatility and Redundancy Important?
Despite these systems being mandated in more and more jurisdictions, they are often bypassed, not properly programmed or when requiring troubleshooting, no time is allotted to troubleshoot them. In the end, this puts all levels of management in a vulnerable position thinking they are protected while they may not be.
Internal, non-volatile storage
Dual Batter-backed real-time clock
Dual modular redundant bus interface
Allow us to assist you in installing the proper data management system on your lifting units to:
• Prevent Accidents
• Ensure your Due Diligence
• Ensure return on Investment
• Evolve and rethink how operations are performed by assessing data
• Harvest the benefits that come through the use of technology